Last updated: Jan 6, 2022
What Personal Information About Customers Do We Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, marketing, and communicating with you. You accept herewith that your information is stored and used by our company. We herewith confirm that a Data Protection Agreement is in place and no data will be used other than authorized by you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our site or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of us on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Brilliant Elements or our subsidiaries, partners or agents, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Brilliant Elements if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences or make purchases. You usually provide your email contact information and, in some cases, billing details when you complete a purchase. You might have the option of adding other data such as a display name, profile photo and other details.
- Information you provide through our support channels: Data collection also include our customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing. Whether you designate yourself as a contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will probably be asked to provide contact information and other data that we will use to help you resolve the issue as quickly and effectively as possible. As we always do when dealing with personal data, we minimize the amount of information we ask you to the bare minimum needed to fulfill your support request.
- Billing and Payment Information: When you purchase any product we ask you for billing details which we use to create an invoice linked to the payment. While we never ask nor store payment information as all our payments are handled by external providers such as Paypal, Stripe and E-Transfer, we might store payment data such as subscription’s ID or transaction unique identifiers to validate payments and provide you with the services and products you paid for.
- Information we collect automatically when you use this site: While you use this site we keep track of certain information about you and about what features and products you use. We do this to understand better how we can improve our site and what features you are missing so we can help you.
Do We Share the Information We Receive?
Our Services are mainly designed to work without the need to share any information about you to third parties and we always aim at minimizing the amount of personal data we share with others. In particular, we will never sell or share any of your data with advertisers or third party that might be interested in acquiring information about our users for marketing or other purposes.
This being said, there could be some very rare occasions in which some of your data might be shared with somebody else, in particular:
In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect our company, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Affiliated companies: We might share some data we have about you with affiliated companies in order to operate and improve products and services and to offer other services to you.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer information we collect under this policy in connection with any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Services if a transaction takes place, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Our hosting data provider is OVH while most of our backups and additional data are stored on Amazon AWS services, some of the most advanced and secure cloud hosting providers of the market. Both our providers are in the United States and we use the most strict and modern technical measures to secure your data.
While we implement and maintain the highest standards in IT security, no computer system is 100% bulletproof and impenetrable. Due to the intrinsic nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
The length of time during which we keep your information as personal identifiable depends on the type of data, and your preferences. In any case, once this period has expired we either completely delete it, anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example for backup archives where accessing this information is virtually impossible), we will securely store it and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
We retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our Services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How can you access and control the data we have about you?
You always have access to the data we collect about you and to options to completely delete your data, download it or amend it.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. You may contact us and we will provide further assistance.
- Access and amend information about you: From your account you can update your profile and/or billing information information or download the data we have stored about you in our database.
- Remove your information and delete account: If you wish to delete all the information we have about you, you can do so in your account or by sending us a request for closing your account and all the data we have about you. We will comply with your request in the terms and with the timeframe we outlined above.
- Opt out of certain communications: You may opt out from receiving certain communications from us, in particular marketing newsletters. Even after you opt out from these marketing messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services. To opt-out of all communications you need to request the cancellation of your account.
Other privacy information.
Our policy towards children
Our Services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact our support services.